Tuesday, August 3

NFL 2010 Season Predictions: AFC North Cleveland Browns


Today we start the AFC North with the Cleveland Browns.

Sorry for the break in the teams, I was just traveling back home to Michigan from Colorado. I am six teams behind, so I will put up six teams today, so look at them all. Also, as many may have seen, Brett Favre reportedly retired today and that will of course change my predictions. I am going to wait and see what will stick before I change things, but I think it will more or less change the NFC more than the AFC, but I will let you know my changes when this announcement is for sure.


Cleveland Browns



Last Season: 5-11

2010 NFL Draft: CB Joe Haden (Florida, Rd. 1/Pick 7), S T.J. Ward (Oregon, Rd. 2/Pick 6), RB Montario Hardesty (Tennessee, Rd. 2/Pick 27), QB Colt McCoy (Texas, Rd. 3/Pick 21), OG Shawn Lauvao (Arizona St., Rd. 3/Pick 28), S Larry Asante (Nebraska, Rd. 5/Pick 29), WR Carlton Mitchell (South Florida, Rd. 6/Pick 8), DE Clifton Geathers (South Carolina, Rd. 6/Pick 17)

Key Additions: LB Scott Fujita (from Saints), QB Jake Delhomme (from Panthers), QB Seneca Wallace (from Seahawks), CB Sheldon Brown (from Eagles), LB Chris Gocong (from Eagles), TE Ben Watson (from Patriots), OT Tony Pashos (from 49ers), FB Peyton Hillis (from Broncos)

Key Losses: QB Brady Quinn (to Broncos), FS Brodney Pool (to Jets), QB Derek Anderson (to Cardinals), OG Rex Hadnot (to Cardinals), TE Steve Heiden (Released), RB Jamal Lewis (Released), DE Corey Williams (to Lions), LB Kamerion Wimbley (to Raiders)

2010 Regular Season Schedule:
Week 1: @ Bucs
Week 2: Chiefs
Week 3: @ Ravens
Week 4: Bengals
Week 5: Falcons
Week 6: @ Steelers
Week 7: @ Saints
Week 8: BYE
Week 9: Patriots
Week 10: NY Jets
Week 11: @ Jaguars
Week 12: Panthers
Week 13: @ Dolphins
Week 14: @ Bills
Week 15: @ Bengals
Week 16: Ravens
Week 17: Steelers

Analysis: Oh the Browns. They have tried so hard to get back to a legitimate NFL team since coming back into the league. Brady Quinn was failure, Derek Anderson was a one-season wonder and now Jake Delhomme will not solve the QB issues. I think Colt McCoy is the clear quarterback of the future. I liked his game in Texas, but he has some growing to do, so Delhomme should be able to help in that. Unfortunately, that doesn’t bode well for this year. Josh Cribbs is a great returner, but his receiving skills or mediocre at best. The running game with Jerome Harrison has an upside, but again, needs time to grow. The defense has a gotten a lot better with many offseason moves. Haden will help at cornerback and Scott Fujita will lead the linebacker core in his first year. The defensive line wasn’t terrible last year, so that is a plus. Still, the team needs a few years to get where they need to be.

2010 Season Prediction: 3-13, Fourth in AFC North

3 comments:

  1. 3-13! Yikes. And I didn't think it could get much worse than 5-11.

    I hope you're wrong. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't think you would like that too much. It was a difficult team to work with. I think they are definitely going in the right direction, I'm just not sure this is the year to make that push yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just say, "There's always next year." It's our city motto.

    ReplyDelete

Agree? Disagree? Tell me your thoughts below.