Tuesday, August 3

NFL 2010 Season Predictions: AFC East New York Jets


Today we have the final team in the AFC East, the New York Jets. 

Sorry for the break in the teams, I was just traveling back home to Michigan from Colorado. I am six teams behind, so I will put up six teams today, so look at them all. Also, as many may have seen, Brett Favre reportedly retired today and that will of course change my predictions. I am going to wait and see what will stick before I change things, but I think it will more or less change the NFC more than the AFC, but I will let you know my changes when this announcement is for sure.

New York Jets



Last Season: 9-7, AFC Wildcard (Lost to Colts in AFC Championship)

2010 NFL Draft: CB Kyle Wilson (Boise St., Rd. 1/Pick 29), OG Vladimir Ducasse (Mass., Rd. 2/Pick 29), RB Joe McKnight (USC, Rd. 4/Pick 14), FB John Conner (Kentucky, Rd. 5/Pick8)

Key Additions: WR Santonio Holmes (from Steelers), RB LaDainian Tomlinson (from Chargers), CB Antonio Cromartie (from Chargers), OLB Jason Taylor (from Dolphins)

Key Losses: OG Alan Faneca (to Cardinals), RB Thomas Jones (to Chiefs)

2010 Regular Season Schedule:
Week 1: Ravens
Week 2: Patriots
Week 3: @ Dolphins
Week 4: @ Bills
Week 5: Vikings
Week 6: @ Broncos
Week 7: BYE
Week 8:  Packers
Week 9: @ Lions
Week 10: @ Browns
Week 11: Texans
Week 12: Bengals
Week 13: @ Patriots
Week 14: Dolphins
Week 15: @ Steelers
Week 16: @ Bears
Week 17: Bills

Analysis: At the end of last season, everyone (including myself) was bashing on how the Jets shouldn’t be in the playoffs. Then they had a nice run and stayed in a competitive game with the eventual Super Bowl runner-up Colts, and now they are almost everyone’s frontrunner for the AFC East. I’m not sure quite yet. While I do agree they have improved, I never count out the Patriots. But, in the Jets defense, they had a pretty good off-season. Holmes may have his issues, but I don’t think Rex Ryan will let that bother him, and he will add to the receiver core that hopefully sees Braylon Edwards return to form. Mark Sanchez keeps getting better, and he will improve even more this year with my help in the backfield. The running game for the Jets was superb last year, and after losing Thomas Jones, they added the aging LT and USC star Joe McKnight. McKnight under performed at USC, but he is a good back. With the return of a great defense that added Cromartie to the already excellent backfield and Taylor at depth for linebacker, I definitely think the Jets have a real chance at winning the division.

2010 Season Prediction: 11-5, AFC East Division Champs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree? Disagree? Tell me your thoughts below.